Two men charged after Dalston market shooting
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged following a broad daylight shooting at a popular market.
Thirteen people were initially arrested after a man – thought to be in his 30s – was found with gunshot wounds at Ridley Road Market in Dalston, at about 2pm on Sunday.
Police charged Jordan Wakefield, 22 of, Buckland Court, St. John’s Estate, Hoxton and Jonathon Joseph, 27, of Montague Road, Dalston, with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on Tuesday.
Both appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on the same day and Joseph was remanded in custody, while Wakefield was bailed.
The pair will next appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Tuesday, September 1.
You may also want to watch:
The other people arrested in connection with the investigation have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home