Two men charged after Dalston market shooting
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged following a broad daylight shooting at a popular market.
Thirteen people were initially arrested after a man – thought to be in his 30s – was found with gunshot wounds at Ridley Road Market in Dalston, at about 2pm on Sunday.
Police charged Jordan Wakefield, 22 of, Buckland Court, St. John’s Estate, Hoxton and Jonathon Joseph, 27, of Montague Road, Dalston, with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on Tuesday.
Both appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on the same day and Joseph was remanded in custody, while Wakefield was bailed.
The pair will next appear at Wood Green Crown Court on Tuesday, September 1.
You may also want to watch:
The other people arrested in connection with the investigation have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea