Cowper Road stabbing: Two men charged with murder of Steve Brown
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the murder of Steve Brown who was stabbed to death in Stoke Newington nearly 18 months ago.
Mr Brown, a 47-year-old father-of-five was knifed in the heart in Cowper Road on April 17, 2019.
He staggered towards Matthias Road before collapsing, and died at the scene.
A post-mortem examination held at Poplar Mortuary gave cause of death as a stab wound to the heart and haemorrhage.
Alican Cetinkaya, 24, of Culross Close, Tottenham, and Reece Lucey, 23, of Grosvenor Avenue, Islington, were both charged with murder yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Cetinkaya has also been charged with possession of an offensive wepaon and Lucey has also been charged with throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
They are both due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill