Cowper Road stabbing: Two men charged with murder of Steve Brown
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the murder of Steve Brown who was stabbed to death in Stoke Newington nearly 18 months ago.
Mr Brown, a 47-year-old father-of-five was knifed in the heart in Cowper Road on April 17, 2019.
He staggered towards Matthias Road before collapsing, and died at the scene.
A post-mortem examination held at Poplar Mortuary gave cause of death as a stab wound to the heart and haemorrhage.
Alican Cetinkaya, 24, of Culross Close, Tottenham, and Reece Lucey, 23, of Grosvenor Avenue, Islington, were both charged with murder yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Cetinkaya has also been charged with possession of an offensive wepaon and Lucey has also been charged with throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
They are both due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12