Cowper Road stabbing: Two men charged with murder of Steve Brown
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the murder of Steve Brown who was stabbed to death in Stoke Newington nearly 18 months ago.
Mr Brown, a 47-year-old father-of-five was knifed in the heart in Cowper Road on April 17, 2019.
He staggered towards Matthias Road before collapsing, and died at the scene.
A post-mortem examination held at Poplar Mortuary gave cause of death as a stab wound to the heart and haemorrhage.
Alican Cetinkaya, 24, of Culross Close, Tottenham, and Reece Lucey, 23, of Grosvenor Avenue, Islington, were both charged with murder yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Cetinkaya has also been charged with possession of an offensive wepaon and Lucey has also been charged with throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
They are both due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness