Two men in hospital following double gang stabbing in Lower Clapton
Police officers are linking the two stabbings and appealing for information.
They were initially called to Overbury Street at about 10.20am where they found a 22-year-old man suffering two stab wounds to the legs.
He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives believe the man had been chased along the road by a gang of around ten men before being attacked.
They are linking it to second incident in Gilpin Road shortly before 2.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old man also suffered a stab wound to the leg and was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Two men aged 25 and 29 have been arrested in connected with the violence and have been bailed pending further investigations.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on number 0207 275 3439 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.