Two men in hospital following double gang stabbing in Lower Clapton
Police officers are linking the two stabbings and appealing for information.
They were initially called to Overbury Street at about 10.20am where they found a 22-year-old man suffering two stab wounds to the legs.
He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives believe the man had been chased along the road by a gang of around ten men before being attacked.
They are linking it to second incident in Gilpin Road shortly before 2.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old man also suffered a stab wound to the leg and was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Two men aged 25 and 29 have been arrested in connected with the violence and have been bailed pending further investigations.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
Enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on number 0207 275 3439 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.