Two men in hospital following double gang stabbing in Lower Clapton
Police officers are linking the two stabbings and appealing for information.
They were initially called to Overbury Street at about 10.20am where they found a 22-year-old man suffering two stab wounds to the legs.
He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives believe the man had been chased along the road by a gang of around ten men before being attacked.
They are linking it to second incident in Gilpin Road shortly before 2.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old man also suffered a stab wound to the leg and was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Two men aged 25 and 29 have been arrested in connected with the violence and have been bailed pending further investigations.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
Enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on number 0207 275 3439 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.