Two men in hospital following double gang stabbing in Lower Clapton
Police officers are linking the two stabbings and appealing for information.
They were initially called to Overbury Street at about 10.20am where they found a 22-year-old man suffering two stab wounds to the legs.
He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives believe the man had been chased along the road by a gang of around ten men before being attacked.
They are linking it to second incident in Gilpin Road shortly before 2.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old man also suffered a stab wound to the leg and was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Two men aged 25 and 29 have been arrested in connected with the violence and have been bailed pending further investigations.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on number 0207 275 3439 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.