Two men stabbed during Yahoo! Wireless festival at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: PA
Detectives are investigating a double stabbing at the Yahoo! Wireless Festival in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park yesterday evening.
Two men were taken to separate east London hospitals after suffering stab wounds in the incident at around 9pm, while headline acts Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z performed on stage.
One victim, who is in his 20s, is said to be in a stable condition.
The other victim, who is also believed to be in his 20s, has since been discharged.
It is understood the victims were with a group which became involved in a brawl with up to 10 other men near the front of the stage shortly before the attack took place.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are working closely with the event organisers to investigate the case.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call Newham CID on 0208 217 5851 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
This is the first year the festival has taken place at the Olympic Park following its relocation from Hyde Park in central London.