Two men stabbed during Yahoo! Wireless festival at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: PA
Detectives are investigating a double stabbing at the Yahoo! Wireless Festival in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park yesterday evening.
Two men were taken to separate east London hospitals after suffering stab wounds in the incident at around 9pm, while headline acts Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z performed on stage.
One victim, who is in his 20s, is said to be in a stable condition.
The other victim, who is also believed to be in his 20s, has since been discharged.
It is understood the victims were with a group which became involved in a brawl with up to 10 other men near the front of the stage shortly before the attack took place.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are working closely with the event organisers to investigate the case.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call Newham CID on 0208 217 5851 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
This is the first year the festival has taken place at the Olympic Park following its relocation from Hyde Park in central London.