Two more men on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
Detectives investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
DETECTIVES investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Harringey, and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Harringey, were due to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court today (September 16) accused with the murder of Gulistan Subasi.
The men take the total number of murder suspects charged to four.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, which is reached down an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, Homerton, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home in a matter of days.
A 15-year-old boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on April 13 and Isaak Billy, 24, of Oxford Gardens, North Kensington, appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on April 21 both charged with murder.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.