Two more men on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
Detectives investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
DETECTIVES investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Harringey, and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Harringey, were due to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court today (September 16) accused with the murder of Gulistan Subasi.
The men take the total number of murder suspects charged to four.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, which is reached down an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, Homerton, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home in a matter of days.
A 15-year-old boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on April 13 and Isaak Billy, 24, of Oxford Gardens, North Kensington, appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on April 21 both charged with murder.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.