Two more men on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
Detectives investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
DETECTIVES investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Harringey, and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Harringey, were due to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court today (September 16) accused with the murder of Gulistan Subasi.
The men take the total number of murder suspects charged to four.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, which is reached down an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, Homerton, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home in a matter of days.
A 15-year-old boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on April 13 and Isaak Billy, 24, of Oxford Gardens, North Kensington, appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on April 21 both charged with murder.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.