Two more men on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
Detectives investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
DETECTIVES investigating the killing of a young Turkish mum gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton have charged two more people.
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Harringey, and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Harringey, were due to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court today (September 16) accused with the murder of Gulistan Subasi.
The men take the total number of murder suspects charged to four.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, which is reached down an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, Homerton, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home in a matter of days.
A 15-year-old boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on April 13 and Isaak Billy, 24, of Oxford Gardens, North Kensington, appeared at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on April 21 both charged with murder.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 8 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 9 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.