Two stabbed and gunshots reported after ‘massive rave’ in Woodberry Down
- Credit: Archant
A “massive rave” in Woodberry Down spilled into Seven Sisters Road last night, with two men ending up in hospital nursing stab wounds and multiple reports of a shooting.
Police and medics were called to Lordship Road at 12.15am following the knife attacks. A 23-year-old is in serious but stable condition and a second victim, in his early 20s, has discharged himself from hospital.
The stabbings were followed by reports of gunshots being heard in the area.
Katy Travis reported it on Twitter at 12.44am, telling police: “Just heard a gunshot near Keynsham House.”
Earlier, locals and a Woodberry Down councillor had alerted police to a rave at Savernake House.
You may also want to watch:
David Johns wrote on Twitter: “Massive rave on Seven Sisters Road. please take care of it it’s not fair we can’t sleep.”
Last month a homemade poster was spotted in the area advertising a rave called Crush of Sound. It read: “Big Jamaican party on 18.05.2017 at Wood Berry [sic] Down church Manor House station don’t miss out !!!!! 6pm to 12am ladies dress code: extremely sexy last entry may be 6.30pm man dem come!!!!! 5 pounds entry”
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
Gang police are investigating the stabbings and no arrests have been made.