Two stabbed and gunshots reported after ‘massive rave’ in Woodberry Down
- Credit: Archant
A “massive rave” in Woodberry Down spilled into Seven Sisters Road last night, with two men ending up in hospital nursing stab wounds and multiple reports of a shooting.
Police and medics were called to Lordship Road at 12.15am following the knife attacks. A 23-year-old is in serious but stable condition and a second victim, in his early 20s, has discharged himself from hospital.
The stabbings were followed by reports of gunshots being heard in the area.
Katy Travis reported it on Twitter at 12.44am, telling police: “Just heard a gunshot near Keynsham House.”
Earlier, locals and a Woodberry Down councillor had alerted police to a rave at Savernake House.
You may also want to watch:
David Johns wrote on Twitter: “Massive rave on Seven Sisters Road. please take care of it it’s not fair we can’t sleep.”
Last month a homemade poster was spotted in the area advertising a rave called Crush of Sound. It read: “Big Jamaican party on 18.05.2017 at Wood Berry [sic] Down church Manor House station don’t miss out !!!!! 6pm to 12am ladies dress code: extremely sexy last entry may be 6.30pm man dem come!!!!! 5 pounds entry”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Gang police are investigating the stabbings and no arrests have been made.