Two stabbed and gunshots reported after ‘massive rave’ in Woodberry Down
- Credit: Archant
A “massive rave” in Woodberry Down spilled into Seven Sisters Road last night, with two men ending up in hospital nursing stab wounds and multiple reports of a shooting.
Police and medics were called to Lordship Road at 12.15am following the knife attacks. A 23-year-old is in serious but stable condition and a second victim, in his early 20s, has discharged himself from hospital.
The stabbings were followed by reports of gunshots being heard in the area.
Katy Travis reported it on Twitter at 12.44am, telling police: “Just heard a gunshot near Keynsham House.”
Earlier, locals and a Woodberry Down councillor had alerted police to a rave at Savernake House.
David Johns wrote on Twitter: “Massive rave on Seven Sisters Road. please take care of it it’s not fair we can’t sleep.”
Last month a homemade poster was spotted in the area advertising a rave called Crush of Sound. It read: “Big Jamaican party on 18.05.2017 at Wood Berry [sic] Down church Manor House station don’t miss out !!!!! 6pm to 12am ladies dress code: extremely sexy last entry may be 6.30pm man dem come!!!!! 5 pounds entry”
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
Gang police are investigating the stabbings and no arrests have been made.