Two stabbed and gunshots reported after ‘massive rave’ in Woodberry Down
- Credit: Archant
A “massive rave” in Woodberry Down spilled into Seven Sisters Road last night, with two men ending up in hospital nursing stab wounds and multiple reports of a shooting.
Police and medics were called to Lordship Road at 12.15am following the knife attacks. A 23-year-old is in serious but stable condition and a second victim, in his early 20s, has discharged himself from hospital.
The stabbings were followed by reports of gunshots being heard in the area.
Katy Travis reported it on Twitter at 12.44am, telling police: “Just heard a gunshot near Keynsham House.”
Earlier, locals and a Woodberry Down councillor had alerted police to a rave at Savernake House.
You may also want to watch:
David Johns wrote on Twitter: “Massive rave on Seven Sisters Road. please take care of it it’s not fair we can’t sleep.”
Last month a homemade poster was spotted in the area advertising a rave called Crush of Sound. It read: “Big Jamaican party on 18.05.2017 at Wood Berry [sic] Down church Manor House station don’t miss out !!!!! 6pm to 12am ladies dress code: extremely sexy last entry may be 6.30pm man dem come!!!!! 5 pounds entry”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
Gang police are investigating the stabbings and no arrests have been made.