Two teenagers stabbed in Hackney last night in apparently separate incidents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Hackney Police are investigating after two youths were stabbed in Lower Clapton last night in two apparently separate incidents.
Police were called at around 5.30pm to the incident nearby the Pembury Estate, close to where the riots broke out in Hackney in the summer of 2011.
A 16-year old is in a serious but stable condition in an east London hospital, while a 15-year old is in a stable condition.
A vehicle was seized by police and two men, aged 28 and 20, have been arrested on suspicion of grevious bodily harm.
Both remain in custody at London police stations.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “Detectives must retain an open mind on the circumstances of the incident, and any motive.
“At this early stage it is not known if the incidents are linked.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
A white tent was set up on the corner of Clarence Road and Downs Road, just off Lower Clapton Road.
Any witnesses or anyone with information that may assist police should call 101, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.