Two teenagers stabbed in Hackney last night in apparently separate incidents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Hackney Police are investigating after two youths were stabbed in Lower Clapton last night in two apparently separate incidents.
Police were called at around 5.30pm to the incident nearby the Pembury Estate, close to where the riots broke out in Hackney in the summer of 2011.
A 16-year old is in a serious but stable condition in an east London hospital, while a 15-year old is in a stable condition.
A vehicle was seized by police and two men, aged 28 and 20, have been arrested on suspicion of grevious bodily harm.
Both remain in custody at London police stations.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “Detectives must retain an open mind on the circumstances of the incident, and any motive.
“At this early stage it is not known if the incidents are linked.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
A white tent was set up on the corner of Clarence Road and Downs Road, just off Lower Clapton Road.
Any witnesses or anyone with information that may assist police should call 101, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.