Two teenagers stabbed in Hackney last night in apparently separate incidents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Hackney Police are investigating after two youths were stabbed in Lower Clapton last night in two apparently separate incidents.
Police were called at around 5.30pm to the incident nearby the Pembury Estate, close to where the riots broke out in Hackney in the summer of 2011.
A 16-year old is in a serious but stable condition in an east London hospital, while a 15-year old is in a stable condition.
A vehicle was seized by police and two men, aged 28 and 20, have been arrested on suspicion of grevious bodily harm.
Both remain in custody at London police stations.
A police spokeswoman said: “Detectives must retain an open mind on the circumstances of the incident, and any motive.
“At this early stage it is not known if the incidents are linked.”
- 1 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 7 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
- 8 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
A white tent was set up on the corner of Clarence Road and Downs Road, just off Lower Clapton Road.
Any witnesses or anyone with information that may assist police should call 101, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.