Two teenagers stabbed in Hackney last night in apparently separate incidents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Hackney Police are investigating after two youths were stabbed in Lower Clapton last night in two apparently separate incidents.
Police were called at around 5.30pm to the incident nearby the Pembury Estate, close to where the riots broke out in Hackney in the summer of 2011.
A 16-year old is in a serious but stable condition in an east London hospital, while a 15-year old is in a stable condition.
A vehicle was seized by police and two men, aged 28 and 20, have been arrested on suspicion of grevious bodily harm.
Both remain in custody at London police stations.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “Detectives must retain an open mind on the circumstances of the incident, and any motive.
“At this early stage it is not known if the incidents are linked.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
A white tent was set up on the corner of Clarence Road and Downs Road, just off Lower Clapton Road.
Any witnesses or anyone with information that may assist police should call 101, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.