Two women injured after colliding with car in high speed police chase in Hackney
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses after a car being chased by police collided with two women crossing the road.
The incident took place after 1am on Sunday after a black Audi drove past a police car at speed.
The police car chased the vehicle along Amhurst Road towards Stoke Newington and it allegedly continued to drive at high speed down bus lanes, causing many cars to brake and swerve out of the way.
The Audi drove towards the Crossway in Stoke Newington where it turned right and drove into a group of pedestrians crossing the road.
It was in collision with two females and a number of others were said to have narrowly escaped harm.
The pursuit was terminated and officers stopped to give first aid.
Both women were taken to hospital – one with head injuries and back pain – and later released.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 London among areas where drought is declared
- 3 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 4 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 5 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 6 'The grim history of London's water supply'
- 7 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 8 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Det Con Moore on 020 275 3637 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.