Two women injured after colliding with car in high speed police chase in Hackney
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses after a car being chased by police collided with two women crossing the road.
The incident took place after 1am on Sunday after a black Audi drove past a police car at speed.
The police car chased the vehicle along Amhurst Road towards Stoke Newington and it allegedly continued to drive at high speed down bus lanes, causing many cars to brake and swerve out of the way.
The Audi drove towards the Crossway in Stoke Newington where it turned right and drove into a group of pedestrians crossing the road.
It was in collision with two females and a number of others were said to have narrowly escaped harm.
You may also want to watch:
The pursuit was terminated and officers stopped to give first aid.
Both women were taken to hospital – one with head injuries and back pain – and later released.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Det Con Moore on 020 275 3637 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.