Two women injured after colliding with car in high speed police chase in Hackney
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses after a car being chased by police collided with two women crossing the road.
The incident took place after 1am on Sunday after a black Audi drove past a police car at speed.
The police car chased the vehicle along Amhurst Road towards Stoke Newington and it allegedly continued to drive at high speed down bus lanes, causing many cars to brake and swerve out of the way.
The Audi drove towards the Crossway in Stoke Newington where it turned right and drove into a group of pedestrians crossing the road.
It was in collision with two females and a number of others were said to have narrowly escaped harm.
You may also want to watch:
The pursuit was terminated and officers stopped to give first aid.
Both women were taken to hospital – one with head injuries and back pain – and later released.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Det Con Moore on 020 275 3637 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.