Two women injured after colliding with car in high speed police chase in Hackney
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses after a car being chased by police collided with two women crossing the road.
The incident took place after 1am on Sunday after a black Audi drove past a police car at speed.
The police car chased the vehicle along Amhurst Road towards Stoke Newington and it allegedly continued to drive at high speed down bus lanes, causing many cars to brake and swerve out of the way.
The Audi drove towards the Crossway in Stoke Newington where it turned right and drove into a group of pedestrians crossing the road.
It was in collision with two females and a number of others were said to have narrowly escaped harm.
You may also want to watch:
The pursuit was terminated and officers stopped to give first aid.
Both women were taken to hospital – one with head injuries and back pain – and later released.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Det Con Moore on 020 275 3637 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.