Watch astonishing moment thug destroys CCTV camera with scaffolding pole... after 10-YEAR hunt for footage
- Credit: Archant
Bizarre video footage has revealed the moment a cackling thug smashed a Hoxton CCTV camera to pieces – 10 years after it was filmed.
The man’s outburst on the Harman estate left Hackney Council with a bill for £100,000 – the cost of hiring four social workers for a year.
After stumbling across the decade-old footage on YouTube, town hall staff contacted the police.
Scotland Yard on Thursday issued an appeal to anyone who recognises the laughing vandal.
A second man, apparently filming the incident for posterity, can be heard shouting “look at that” as the thug lands no fewer than 22 direct hits on the buckling device.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man in the pictures is asked to call police on 020 7275 3449 quoting reference number 202265, or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club