Watch astonishing moment thug destroys CCTV camera with scaffolding pole... after 10-YEAR hunt for footage
- Credit: Archant
Bizarre video footage has revealed the moment a cackling thug smashed a Hoxton CCTV camera to pieces – 10 years after it was filmed.
The man’s outburst on the Harman estate left Hackney Council with a bill for £100,000 – the cost of hiring four social workers for a year.
After stumbling across the decade-old footage on YouTube, town hall staff contacted the police.
Scotland Yard on Thursday issued an appeal to anyone who recognises the laughing vandal.
A second man, apparently filming the incident for posterity, can be heard shouting “look at that” as the thug lands no fewer than 22 direct hits on the buckling device.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man in the pictures is asked to call police on 020 7275 3449 quoting reference number 202265, or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year