‘We are going to shoot you’ – workers threatened as thugs steal £7,000 in Clapton Co-op raid
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment masked thugs threatened to shoot three shop workers before stealing £7,000 in a terrifying early morning raid.
The attackers struck at Co-op in Theydon Road, Clapton, yesterday morning while the staff were taking deliveries and preparing to open.
After pulling up in a white van at 6.09am, they burst in through the back door and attacked a shop floor worker before demanding the supervisor opened the safe.
Within four minutes the men had fled in their van, leaving the shaken workers inside the shop.
The store manager told the Gazette: “Thank god they found the money and the keys to the safe were there, or they would have beaten them up badly.
You may also want to watch:
“They were shouting ‘we are going to shoot you’ but the guys are more affected emotionally than physically.”
The three workers, who all have young children, have understandably been given today off. But the attack didn’t stop one of them working the rest of his shift yesterday.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
Police are investigating the robbery.