‘We are going to shoot you’ – workers threatened as thugs steal £7,000 in Clapton Co-op raid
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment masked thugs threatened to shoot three shop workers before stealing £7,000 in a terrifying early morning raid.
The attackers struck at Co-op in Theydon Road, Clapton, yesterday morning while the staff were taking deliveries and preparing to open.
After pulling up in a white van at 6.09am, they burst in through the back door and attacked a shop floor worker before demanding the supervisor opened the safe.
Within four minutes the men had fled in their van, leaving the shaken workers inside the shop.
The store manager told the Gazette: “Thank god they found the money and the keys to the safe were there, or they would have beaten them up badly.
You may also want to watch:
“They were shouting ‘we are going to shoot you’ but the guys are more affected emotionally than physically.”
The three workers, who all have young children, have understandably been given today off. But the attack didn’t stop one of them working the rest of his shift yesterday.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Police are investigating the robbery.