‘We are going to shoot you’ – workers threatened as thugs steal £7,000 in Clapton Co-op raid
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment masked thugs threatened to shoot three shop workers before stealing £7,000 in a terrifying early morning raid.
The attackers struck at Co-op in Theydon Road, Clapton, yesterday morning while the staff were taking deliveries and preparing to open.
After pulling up in a white van at 6.09am, they burst in through the back door and attacked a shop floor worker before demanding the supervisor opened the safe.
Within four minutes the men had fled in their van, leaving the shaken workers inside the shop.
The store manager told the Gazette: “Thank god they found the money and the keys to the safe were there, or they would have beaten them up badly.
“They were shouting ‘we are going to shoot you’ but the guys are more affected emotionally than physically.”
The three workers, who all have young children, have understandably been given today off. But the attack didn’t stop one of them working the rest of his shift yesterday.
- 1 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 5 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 6 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 7 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 8 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
- 9 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 10 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
Police are investigating the robbery.