‘We are going to shoot you’ – workers threatened as thugs steal £7,000 in Clapton Co-op raid
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment masked thugs threatened to shoot three shop workers before stealing £7,000 in a terrifying early morning raid.
The attackers struck at Co-op in Theydon Road, Clapton, yesterday morning while the staff were taking deliveries and preparing to open.
After pulling up in a white van at 6.09am, they burst in through the back door and attacked a shop floor worker before demanding the supervisor opened the safe.
Within four minutes the men had fled in their van, leaving the shaken workers inside the shop.
The store manager told the Gazette: “Thank god they found the money and the keys to the safe were there, or they would have beaten them up badly.
You may also want to watch:
“They were shouting ‘we are going to shoot you’ but the guys are more affected emotionally than physically.”
The three workers, who all have young children, have understandably been given today off. But the attack didn’t stop one of them working the rest of his shift yesterday.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Police are investigating the robbery.