‘We are going to shoot you’ – workers threatened as thugs steal £7,000 in Clapton Co-op raid
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment masked thugs threatened to shoot three shop workers before stealing £7,000 in a terrifying early morning raid.
The attackers struck at Co-op in Theydon Road, Clapton, yesterday morning while the staff were taking deliveries and preparing to open.
After pulling up in a white van at 6.09am, they burst in through the back door and attacked a shop floor worker before demanding the supervisor opened the safe.
Within four minutes the men had fled in their van, leaving the shaken workers inside the shop.
The store manager told the Gazette: “Thank god they found the money and the keys to the safe were there, or they would have beaten them up badly.
You may also want to watch:
“They were shouting ‘we are going to shoot you’ but the guys are more affected emotionally than physically.”
The three workers, who all have young children, have understandably been given today off. But the attack didn’t stop one of them working the rest of his shift yesterday.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
Police are investigating the robbery.