Well Street man charged with attempted murder after Whitechapel stabbing
- Credit: Google
Detectives have charged a man with attempted murder after a stabbing in Turner Street in Whitechapel on Saturday.
Mohammed Alinoor Uddin, 36, of Well Street, South Hackney has been charged with attempted murder, possession of an offensive weapon and assaulting an emergency worker.
The incident, just after 2pm, left a 34-year-old man with life-threatening injuries.
He was taken to hospital, where he is in a critical, but stable condition.
Uddin is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 37-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, but has since been released under investigation.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images