Well Street man charged with attempted murder after Whitechapel stabbing
- Credit: Google
Detectives have charged a man with attempted murder after a stabbing in Turner Street in Whitechapel on Saturday.
Mohammed Alinoor Uddin, 36, of Well Street, South Hackney has been charged with attempted murder, possession of an offensive weapon and assaulting an emergency worker.
The incident, just after 2pm, left a 34-year-old man with life-threatening injuries.
He was taken to hospital, where he is in a critical, but stable condition.
Uddin is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 37-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, but has since been released under investigation.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12