Well Street man charged with attempted murder after Whitechapel stabbing
- Credit: Google
Detectives have charged a man with attempted murder after a stabbing in Turner Street in Whitechapel on Saturday.
Mohammed Alinoor Uddin, 36, of Well Street, South Hackney has been charged with attempted murder, possession of an offensive weapon and assaulting an emergency worker.
The incident, just after 2pm, left a 34-year-old man with life-threatening injuries.
He was taken to hospital, where he is in a critical, but stable condition.
Uddin is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today.
A 37-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, but has since been released under investigation.
- 1 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 10 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment