Wimbourne Court stabbing: Police appeal for info on male suspect as woman, 41, is knifed in lift
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a 41-year-old woman was knifed in a lift in a block on flats on the Hackney and Islington border.
Officers were called at about 3pm yesterday to the stabbing in Wimbourne Street, off New North Road.
The victim was suffering stab wounds to the chest and abdomen. She’s now in hospital and her conidition is not life threatening.
Det Sgt Barry Hart said: “We have established that the woman was stabbed in the lift of a block of flats by a male suspect.
“It is possible that this male suspect has been hanging around the block – Wimbourne Court, off Wimbourne Street and Shaftesbury Street – both immediately before and in the days leading up to the stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to hear from anyone who has seen a suspicious male in and around Wimbourne Court, as well as anyone with information that may assist the investigation.”
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 7 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at Hackney CID on 020 7275 3410 or 101,quoting reference 4533/April 19. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.