Wimbourne Court stabbing: Police appeal for info on male suspect as woman, 41, is knifed in lift
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a 41-year-old woman was knifed in a lift in a block on flats on the Hackney and Islington border.
Officers were called at about 3pm yesterday to the stabbing in Wimbourne Street, off New North Road.
The victim was suffering stab wounds to the chest and abdomen. She’s now in hospital and her conidition is not life threatening.
Det Sgt Barry Hart said: “We have established that the woman was stabbed in the lift of a block of flats by a male suspect.
“It is possible that this male suspect has been hanging around the block – Wimbourne Court, off Wimbourne Street and Shaftesbury Street – both immediately before and in the days leading up to the stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to hear from anyone who has seen a suspicious male in and around Wimbourne Court, as well as anyone with information that may assist the investigation.”
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at Hackney CID on 020 7275 3410 or 101,quoting reference 4533/April 19. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.