Wimbourne Court stabbing: Police appeal for info on male suspect as woman, 41, is knifed in lift
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a 41-year-old woman was knifed in a lift in a block on flats on the Hackney and Islington border.
Officers were called at about 3pm yesterday to the stabbing in Wimbourne Street, off New North Road.
The victim was suffering stab wounds to the chest and abdomen. She’s now in hospital and her conidition is not life threatening.
Det Sgt Barry Hart said: “We have established that the woman was stabbed in the lift of a block of flats by a male suspect.
“It is possible that this male suspect has been hanging around the block – Wimbourne Court, off Wimbourne Street and Shaftesbury Street – both immediately before and in the days leading up to the stabbing.
“We need to hear from anyone who has seen a suspicious male in and around Wimbourne Court, as well as anyone with information that may assist the investigation.”
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 3 Dalston shop fire under investigation
- 4 New entrance opens at Hackney Central Overground station
- 5 Appeal launched after gunshots heard on Homerton Road
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 8 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 9 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 10 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at Hackney CID on 020 7275 3410 or 101,quoting reference 4533/April 19. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.