Wimbourne Court stabbing: Police appeal for info on male suspect as woman, 41, is knifed in lift
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a 41-year-old woman was knifed in a lift in a block on flats on the Hackney and Islington border.
Officers were called at about 3pm yesterday to the stabbing in Wimbourne Street, off New North Road.
The victim was suffering stab wounds to the chest and abdomen. She’s now in hospital and her conidition is not life threatening.
Det Sgt Barry Hart said: “We have established that the woman was stabbed in the lift of a block of flats by a male suspect.
“It is possible that this male suspect has been hanging around the block – Wimbourne Court, off Wimbourne Street and Shaftesbury Street – both immediately before and in the days leading up to the stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to hear from anyone who has seen a suspicious male in and around Wimbourne Court, as well as anyone with information that may assist the investigation.”
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at Hackney CID on 020 7275 3410 or 101,quoting reference 4533/April 19. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.