Witnesses sought to Lower Clapton broad daylight robbery
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after a betting shop worker was robbed in broad daylight in Lower Clapton last month.
The female Ladbrokes’ employee boarded a 253 bus from Lower Clapton Road around 2.30pm on Thursday June 23, and got off outside Ladbrokes in Upper Clapton Road.
After walking across to Mount Pleasant Lane she was attacked outside the post office at 2.50pm by a black male who grabbed her handbag.
She tried to stop the assailant but he punched her face several times before making off with the bag.
The suspect - who is described as a black slim male who was wearing dark clothing - was seen driving off in a grey Audi towards Upper Clapton Road.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Geoff Pearson on 020 7275 3232 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4616640/11.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted