Witnesses sought to violent De Beauvoir riot robbery
Police are appealing for witnesses to a gang robbery which left a man with an injured eye at the height of the Hackney riots last Monday night.
The victim, a 37 old man, was attacked in De Beauvoir Square by three thugs just after 9pm and the trio made off with his bag.
He had just got off the149 bus and was walking northbound along Kingsland Road towards De Beauvoir Square, when he noticed three youths on bikes outside Dorset Court on the Lockner Estate.
They began following him and one of the thugs hit him on his back with a piece of PVC pipe while the two others joined in the attack which made the victim fall to the ground.
After one of them grabbed his bag, they all made off into the Lockner Estate close by.
You may also want to watch:
All of the suspects are black males aged 15 to 25-years old.
Suspect one was wearing a black hooded top with a mask over his face, suspect two was wearing a white hooded top with a white face mask with orange writing, and suspect three was wearing an orange top.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Birt on 0207 275 3232, quoting reference CR4621234/11. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.