Witnesses sought to violent De Beauvoir riot robbery
Police are appealing for witnesses to a gang robbery which left a man with an injured eye at the height of the Hackney riots last Monday night.
The victim, a 37 old man, was attacked in De Beauvoir Square by three thugs just after 9pm and the trio made off with his bag.
He had just got off the149 bus and was walking northbound along Kingsland Road towards De Beauvoir Square, when he noticed three youths on bikes outside Dorset Court on the Lockner Estate.
They began following him and one of the thugs hit him on his back with a piece of PVC pipe while the two others joined in the attack which made the victim fall to the ground.
After one of them grabbed his bag, they all made off into the Lockner Estate close by.
You may also want to watch:
All of the suspects are black males aged 15 to 25-years old.
Suspect one was wearing a black hooded top with a mask over his face, suspect two was wearing a white hooded top with a white face mask with orange writing, and suspect three was wearing an orange top.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Birt on 0207 275 3232, quoting reference CR4621234/11. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.