Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- Credit: PA
A woman has been charged with murder following the fatal stabbing of a man in Hackney.
Katarzyna Poniatowska, 31, was remanded to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today (June 7).
Officers were called to a property in Stamford Hill at 10.52am on Friday, June 4 to a report of a stabbing.
A man, who is believed by police to be in his 30s, was found with stab wounds.
He was treated at the scene by officers who carried out CPR before paramedics and London's Air Ambulance arrived.
The man died at the scene a short time later despite the efforts of the emergency services.
The man and woman are believed to have known each other. Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident at this time.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze