Woman raped in Victoria Park
- Credit: @LundunFeeldz
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a woman was allegedly raped in Victoria Park in the early hours this morning.
Scotland Yard said the victim was grabbed by a man as she was walking in Grove Road just after midnight.
After demanding cash, the woman claims the suspect forced her into bushes and raped her.
He is described as a white male, aged 30-40, and around 5ft 8in tall.
He was wearing a grey hooded top with a black body warmer, blue jeans and grey trainers and is said to have a London accent.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s sexual offences, exploitation and abuse command are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call 0208 733 5999, or to give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate