Lower Clapton shooting: Police hunt ‘black Jaguar’ driver after man shot in leg
- Credit: google
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was shot in his leg in Lower Clapton in broad daylight yesterday afternoon.
According to Scotland Yard the victim had been talking with a friend in Downs Park Road when a car - believed to be a black Jaguar - drove slowly by.
Two men got out and began to argue with the victim. They got back in the car, but then the driver allegedly got back out, walked up to the victim and “became aggressive towards him”, before shooting him in his leg.
The victim went to hospital, where his injuries were not deemed to be life-threatening, and the police were called just before 4pm.
Detectives from the Met’s Trident unit are now appealing for information or footage to help the investigation, and a crime scene is currently in place.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 0207 230 9737, dial 101 quoting 4388/21OCT.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 8 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction