Youth caught on camera vandalising Hackney Council CCTV van... with warden inside it
- Credit: Archant
A young man vandalising a Hackney Council van hadn’t counted on the warden sitting inside it – or the CCTV camera mounted to its roof.
The man unwittingly chose the target for his “tagging” in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Unknown to him, a community safety warden was inside the vehicle and recorded his act of vandalism on the van’s CCTV system.
The incident took place between French Place and Dereham Street, an area in Shoreditch where hundreds of fines have been dished out for urinating in public.
The council CCTV van was only there in the first place to reduce – and hopefully eventually eliminate – the problem.
You may also want to watch:
• A man has been arrested and charged with causing criminal damage over the incident.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 7 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 8 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 9 Hackney CEO to retire after 40 years in local government
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web