Youth caught on camera vandalising Hackney Council CCTV van... with warden inside it
- Credit: Archant
A young man vandalising a Hackney Council van hadn’t counted on the warden sitting inside it – or the CCTV camera mounted to its roof.
The man unwittingly chose the target for his “tagging” in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Unknown to him, a community safety warden was inside the vehicle and recorded his act of vandalism on the van’s CCTV system.
The incident took place between French Place and Dereham Street, an area in Shoreditch where hundreds of fines have been dished out for urinating in public.
The council CCTV van was only there in the first place to reduce – and hopefully eventually eliminate – the problem.
You may also want to watch:
• A man has been arrested and charged with causing criminal damage over the incident.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney