Youth caught on camera vandalising Hackney Council CCTV van... with warden inside it
- Credit: Archant
A young man vandalising a Hackney Council van hadn’t counted on the warden sitting inside it – or the CCTV camera mounted to its roof.
The man unwittingly chose the target for his “tagging” in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Unknown to him, a community safety warden was inside the vehicle and recorded his act of vandalism on the van’s CCTV system.
The incident took place between French Place and Dereham Street, an area in Shoreditch where hundreds of fines have been dished out for urinating in public.
The council CCTV van was only there in the first place to reduce – and hopefully eventually eliminate – the problem.
You may also want to watch:
• A man has been arrested and charged with causing criminal damage over the incident.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week