'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- Credit: Met Police
A teenager wearing a food delivery jacket with a delivery bag has been arrested by bike patrol police in Shoreditch in an alleged drugs bust.
The 17-year-old was stopped by special constables on cycle patrol in Great Eastern Street towards Shoreditch High Street around midnight on Saturday, September 11.
He was wearing a food delivery jacket and carrying a delivery bag, say police.
But officers noticed a smell of cannabis — then say they found a quality of what is believed to be the class B drug and £520 cash. They also examined mobile phone data.
The youth was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class B drugs and for failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
“Our volunteer officers from the Special Constabulary stopped this boy after their suspicions,” Chief Insp Chris Scammell said later.
“Enquiries have confirmed that the boy arrested doesn’t work for a food delivery service.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
He was taken into custody and subsequently released under investigation while further police enquiries are being carried out.