Zakaria Abukar Sharif Ali: Islington man charged with murdering father-of-two outside Shoreditch bar
- Credit: MPS
A 21-year-old man has been charged with the murder of father-of-two Zakaria Abukar Sharif Ali outside a Shoreditch bar.
Tyla Goupal, of Islington, was charged in the early hours of this morning after being extradited from Cyprus, where he was arrested on October 23.
He was set to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court today.
Zakaria, 26, had just left Rolling Stock in Kingsland Road at about 6.30am on November 24 when he tried to break up a fight outside and was knifed. He died in hospital hours later, one of eight people killed in Hackney last year.
In the weeks after his death, friends of Zakaria raised almost £20,000 to pay for his funeral and support his wife and two young children.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation said: "Arresting Gopaul was truly a collaborative effort. I would like to thank our International partners for their invaluable assistance. Now Gopaul is back in the UK court proceedings can commence."
Destiny Bannerman, 18, of Ilford, was charged with perverting the course of justice via postal requisition and will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court on Thursday next week.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
A 35-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder and violent disorder, as well as two men aged 25 and 30 who were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender have all been released with no further action.