Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali murder: Police release CCTV of man wanted over fatal stabbing in Kingsland Road
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released CCTV footage of a man they want to speak to over the murder of Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali, who was stabbed to death in Kingsland Road after a night out.
The 26-year-old victim, of Hackney, had been at the Rolling Stock bar and tried to intervene in a fight outside. He was trying to calm the incident when he was fatally stabbed in the abdomen.
Police were called to the road, near the junction with Waterson Street, at 6.30am on November 24 and Zakaria died two hours later in hospital.
Det Insp Rita Tierney, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are releasing CCTV footage of a man we would like to identify as we believe he may have been involved in the altercation.
“This happened in a busy and popular area of London. I know that there will be people who witnessed the incident or have information concerning the identity of the suspects. I urge those people to call the incident room without delay.”
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old woman who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has been bailed until “mid December”, pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8345 3865, tweet @MetCC or call 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta