Crossrail 2: Hackney mayor Phil Glanville angry as chiefs ignore Shoreditch Park vent shaft concerns
- Credit: Archant
Hackney mayor Phil Glanville is not happy with Crossrail 2 bosses who have ignored issues surrounding a ventilation shaft in Shoreditch Park in their latest update.
Current plans for the £27bn railway, which will link Hertfordshire to Surrey, would see the shaft installed in the park and caused outrage when they were announced.
In May an update was published outlining how Crossrail 2 bosses had addressed the top 10 problem areas in their plans. But while news that listed buildings in Dalston were now safe, there was no mention of Shoreditch Park.
Mr Glanville told managing director Michele Dix: “Residents and many other stakeholders have repeatedly expressed serious concerns about the current option to house a vent shaft on Shoreditch Park.
“Both the permanent vent shaft building itself, as well as the six years of associated construction noise, pollution and disruption of the larger work site would be a wholly unacceptable blight on Shoreditch Park.
You may also want to watch:
“Under no circumstances would we support this option should you seek to progress sit, and we would take a very public stand against it.”
TfL said Shoreditch Park was not in the top 10 problems and therefore wasn’t included. A spokesperson said Mr Glanville had been kept informed about the issues throughout.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse