Crypt transformed into cafe and an acupuncture clinic
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Church held an open house event on Thursday to show off its crypt, which has undergone a half a million pound makeover.
The newly revamped crypt features a cafe, a kitchen, an acupuncture treatment room and two consulting rooms open for public hire.
Nearly a hundred people turned up at the event at the 170-year-old church in Northchurch Terrace, De Beauvoir Town, to celebrate the transformation.
Project manager Claudia Turbet-Delof, who has been working at the church for the past three months, said: “The crypt looks amazing. We had a visitors’ book on Thursday and the comments were fantastic. A lot of people in the community are happy to have this space.”
The crypt will also play host to the cold-weather night shelter and yoga and pilates classes.
You may also want to watch:
The money for the makeover was provided by the the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12