Crypt transformed into cafe and an acupuncture clinic
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Church held an open house event on Thursday to show off its crypt, which has undergone a half a million pound makeover.
The newly revamped crypt features a cafe, a kitchen, an acupuncture treatment room and two consulting rooms open for public hire.
Nearly a hundred people turned up at the event at the 170-year-old church in Northchurch Terrace, De Beauvoir Town, to celebrate the transformation.
Project manager Claudia Turbet-Delof, who has been working at the church for the past three months, said: “The crypt looks amazing. We had a visitors’ book on Thursday and the comments were fantastic. A lot of people in the community are happy to have this space.”
The crypt will also play host to the cold-weather night shelter and yoga and pilates classes.
You may also want to watch:
The money for the makeover was provided by the the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers