Crypt transformed into cafe and an acupuncture clinic
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Church held an open house event on Thursday to show off its crypt, which has undergone a half a million pound makeover.
The newly revamped crypt features a cafe, a kitchen, an acupuncture treatment room and two consulting rooms open for public hire.
Nearly a hundred people turned up at the event at the 170-year-old church in Northchurch Terrace, De Beauvoir Town, to celebrate the transformation.
Project manager Claudia Turbet-Delof, who has been working at the church for the past three months, said: “The crypt looks amazing. We had a visitors’ book on Thursday and the comments were fantastic. A lot of people in the community are happy to have this space.”
The crypt will also play host to the cold-weather night shelter and yoga and pilates classes.
You may also want to watch:
The money for the makeover was provided by the the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop