Crypt transformed into cafe and an acupuncture clinic
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Church held an open house event on Thursday to show off its crypt, which has undergone a half a million pound makeover.
The newly revamped crypt features a cafe, a kitchen, an acupuncture treatment room and two consulting rooms open for public hire.
Nearly a hundred people turned up at the event at the 170-year-old church in Northchurch Terrace, De Beauvoir Town, to celebrate the transformation.
Project manager Claudia Turbet-Delof, who has been working at the church for the past three months, said: “The crypt looks amazing. We had a visitors’ book on Thursday and the comments were fantastic. A lot of people in the community are happy to have this space.”
The crypt will also play host to the cold-weather night shelter and yoga and pilates classes.
You may also want to watch:
The money for the makeover was provided by the the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington