Customise your Christmas jumper and save a few pounds at free festive sewing workshop in Broadway Market
- Credit: Archant
A sustainable fashion campaign group is hosting a free festive sewing workshop today in Broadway Market.
Love Your Clothes wants to help people upcycle last year’s Christmas jumpers or create their own. Crafters will be offering their expertise in how to customise their wacky knitwear, so they don’t have to fork out for new gear.
It will take place at Fabrications between 6.30pm and 9.30pm.
Ali Moore, from Love Your Clothes, said: “An estimated £30bn worth of UK clothing gathers dust in our wardrobes every year because we don’t wear it.
“Rather than buying new Christmas jumpers and party outfits which may only be worn once and then thrown away, we’re encouraging Londoners to upcycle last year’s Christmas jumpers.
You may also want to watch:
“By coming along to these fun workshops, they could come away with not only a truly unique item of clothing, but also feeling inspired to support more sustainable fashion.”
Just take along a plain jumper or top from your wardrobe or a charity shop.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service