Customise your Christmas jumper and save a few pounds at free festive sewing workshop in Broadway Market
- Credit: Archant
A sustainable fashion campaign group is hosting a free festive sewing workshop today in Broadway Market.
Love Your Clothes wants to help people upcycle last year’s Christmas jumpers or create their own. Crafters will be offering their expertise in how to customise their wacky knitwear, so they don’t have to fork out for new gear.
It will take place at Fabrications between 6.30pm and 9.30pm.
Ali Moore, from Love Your Clothes, said: “An estimated £30bn worth of UK clothing gathers dust in our wardrobes every year because we don’t wear it.
“Rather than buying new Christmas jumpers and party outfits which may only be worn once and then thrown away, we’re encouraging Londoners to upcycle last year’s Christmas jumpers.
You may also want to watch:
“By coming along to these fun workshops, they could come away with not only a truly unique item of clothing, but also feeling inspired to support more sustainable fashion.”
Just take along a plain jumper or top from your wardrobe or a charity shop.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 6 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 7 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 8 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate