Customise your Christmas jumper and save a few pounds at free festive sewing workshop in Broadway Market
- Credit: Archant
A sustainable fashion campaign group is hosting a free festive sewing workshop today in Broadway Market.
Love Your Clothes wants to help people upcycle last year’s Christmas jumpers or create their own. Crafters will be offering their expertise in how to customise their wacky knitwear, so they don’t have to fork out for new gear.
It will take place at Fabrications between 6.30pm and 9.30pm.
Ali Moore, from Love Your Clothes, said: “An estimated £30bn worth of UK clothing gathers dust in our wardrobes every year because we don’t wear it.
“Rather than buying new Christmas jumpers and party outfits which may only be worn once and then thrown away, we’re encouraging Londoners to upcycle last year’s Christmas jumpers.
You may also want to watch:
“By coming along to these fun workshops, they could come away with not only a truly unique item of clothing, but also feeling inspired to support more sustainable fashion.”
Just take along a plain jumper or top from your wardrobe or a charity shop.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney