Cyclist dies in collision with Olympic bus near Olympic Park
A cyclist has died close to the border of the Olympic Park following a collision with a bus carrying media from the site.
The man, believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s, was involved in the accident in Ruckholt Road at the junction with the A12 East Cross Route, close to Hackney Wick, just before 7.30pm today.
A single responder, an ambulance and an air ambulance were sent to the scene, and police were also called.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “Sadly one person was pronounced dead at the scene by the doctor from the air ambulance.”
The Met Police’s road death collision investigation unit will investigate the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A London 2012 spokesman said: “We can confirm that a cyclist tragically died as a result of a collision with a bus carrying media from the Olympic Park this evening.
“The police are investigating the accident and our thoughts are with the cyclist’s family.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust