Cyclist in 70s in hospital after De Beauvoir crash
- Credit: Archant
Ambulance crews sparked an angry backlash by writing #nohelmet in a tweet about an elderly cyclist being taken to hospital following a crash.
Police were called to Northchurch Road, De Beauvoir, at 2pm yesterday by London Ambulance Service, who found the man in his 70s with head injuries after colliding with a van.
An LAS Twitter account said he was taken to a major trauma centre as a priority and angered users by writing #nohelmet.
User @Jono_Kenyon said there was no need for the hashtag, saying “we don’t do it for drivers” but Hackney police, tweeting from their @MPSHackney account, defended their emergency services partners.
The Joint Response Unit who posted the original tweet then claimed a helmet would have prevented further head injuries, which, again, was met with anger.
You may also want to watch:
User @stuarthelmer replied: “There is *absolutely no way* you can know that. Sloppy thinking.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers