Cyclist injured in Dalston Junction crash dies
The cyclist seriously injured in a collision with a large lorry at Dalston Junction last Wednesday evening (February 2) has died.
The man, believed to be in his late 20s, was taken to the Royal London Hospital after the crash at the junction with Kingsland Road shortly before 4.45pm.
He died on Friday (February 4) at 3pm.
Next of kin have been informed but police are waiting for formal identification before releasing his name.
The lorry driver stopped at the scene. No-one has been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Tony Millington is investigation and is asking witnesses to call 0208 597 4874.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate