Cyclist is fighting for his life after TWO bike crashes in Dalston in the space of 14 hours
- Credit: Good News Hackney
A cyclist is fighting for his life after two accidents involving bikes took place yesterday in Dalston - in the space of 250m.
One man suffered chest injuries and is in a critical condition in hospital according to Scotland Yard, after his bike collided with a car in Kingsland High Street just outside the Kingsland Shopping Centre after 11.10pm last night.
Beau Butterfield, who saw the aftermath, told the Gazette: “It looked bad. There was a mangled bike. It was cordoned off with police tape and you could see a pair of trainers and clothes and some blood dotted around.”
Road closures were not lifted for six hours until 6am this morning.
The first accident happened 14 hours earlier at 9am when a bus collided with a cyclist, who was taken to an East London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Despite photos from the scene showing his bike under the front of the bus, the man escaped with “a few cuts and bruises” according to a spokesman for the Met police.
No charges were issued for either accident.
- 1 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 2 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 3 Boat party organiser pleads guilty to breaking Covid rules during lockdown
- 4 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 5 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 6 Hackney designer's 'dreams come true' with Billie Eilish Vogue shoot
- 7 Trial halted after Extinction Rebellion protester glues himself to the dock
- 8 All Points East: Meet east London artist Olivia Dean
- 9 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 10 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report