Cyclist seriously injured in Kingsland Road collision
A cyclist was seriously injured in a collision with a car in Middleton Road, near the junction with Kingsland Road, in De Beauvoir yesterday afternoon (May 24).
The man, who is believed to be about 30 years old, was taken to hospital with a potentially life changing leg injury after the crash, which happened shortly before 2.45pm.
His condition is not thought to be life threatening.
No arrests have been made.
Police closed surrounding roads until 8.40pm yesterday evening.
You may also want to watch:
To join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign, go to the homepage and click on the campaign logo.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney