Cyclist seriously injured in Kingsland Road collision
A cyclist was seriously injured in a collision with a car in Middleton Road, near the junction with Kingsland Road, in De Beauvoir yesterday afternoon (May 24).
The man, who is believed to be about 30 years old, was taken to hospital with a potentially life changing leg injury after the crash, which happened shortly before 2.45pm.
His condition is not thought to be life threatening.
No arrests have been made.
Police closed surrounding roads until 8.40pm yesterday evening.
To join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign, go to the homepage and click on the campaign logo.
- 1 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 2 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 3 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 4 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 8 First-of-its-kind De Beauvoir event brings women and the police together
- 9 'We're sorry': Hackney Council apologises after pandemic repairs backlog
- 10 Dedicated police team set up for Shoreditch Town Centre