Cyclist still ‘critical but fairly stable’ after Dalston Junction crash
A cyclist is still in ‘a critical but fairly stable’ condition in hospital this morning (Friday) after colliding with a lorry at Dalston Junction on Wednesday evening.
The man, who is in his 20s, was injured as his pale blue bicycle was crushed under the wheels of the large yellow truck shortly before 4.45pm.
One witness said both the cyclist and the driver had turned left out of Dalston Lane into Kingsland Road.
Emergency services took the cyclist to Homerton Hospital. They said he was in a ‘critical but fairly stable condition’ shortly before 9.30am this morning.
Police officers confirmed yesterday they had not arrested anyone in connection with the collision.
You may also want to watch:
They cordoned off the junction on Wednesday, causing traffic delays and bus diversions for rush hour commuters.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space