Dalston car park death: One man charged with murder as a second man arrested
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a man who was allegedly attacked in a Dalston car park.
Huseyin Akkoyun, 46, of no fixed abode was charged today with the murder of Mehmet Degerli, 49. He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
A second person - a 20-year-old man - was arrested today on suspicion of murder, and is currently in custody at a north London police station.
Mr De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am on Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr De?erli’s car which was parked in Sandringham Road had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets