Dalston car park death: One man charged with murder as a second man arrested
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a man who was allegedly attacked in a Dalston car park.
Huseyin Akkoyun, 46, of no fixed abode was charged today with the murder of Mehmet Degerli, 49. He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
A second person - a 20-year-old man - was arrested today on suspicion of murder, and is currently in custody at a north London police station.
Mr De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am on Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr De?erli’s car which was parked in Sandringham Road had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition