Dalston car park death: One man charged with murder as a second man arrested
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a man who was allegedly attacked in a Dalston car park.
Huseyin Akkoyun, 46, of no fixed abode was charged today with the murder of Mehmet Degerli, 49. He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
A second person - a 20-year-old man - was arrested today on suspicion of murder, and is currently in custody at a north London police station.
Mr De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am on Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr De?erli’s car which was parked in Sandringham Road had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction