Dalston car park death: One man charged with murder as a second man arrested
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a man who was allegedly attacked in a Dalston car park.
Huseyin Akkoyun, 46, of no fixed abode was charged today with the murder of Mehmet Degerli, 49. He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
A second person - a 20-year-old man - was arrested today on suspicion of murder, and is currently in custody at a north London police station.
Mr De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am on Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
Mr De?erli’s car which was parked in Sandringham Road had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney