Dalston charity shop front celebrates NHS staff as coronavirus lockdown eases
- Credit: TRAID
A Dalston charity shop is reopening in style and celebrating NHS staff, carers and community members with colourful window displays.
London-based environmental charity TRAID plans to open its largest stores in Dalston, Kilburn, Peckham and Shepherd’s Bush on June 18 enabling customers to shop while social distancing.
The charity’s first window displays since lockdown have been designed by TRAID’s Francesco Colucci and draw inspiration from the plethora of rainbows still decorating streets up and down the country, displayed to show appreciation for key workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
Maria Chenoweth TRAID’s CEO said: ““We anticipate charity shops will have an important role providing affordable sustainable clothing to Londoners while funding local, national and global causes. They are needed more than ever in the aftermath of this unprecedented pandemic.”
Safety measures put in place by the charity include closing changing rooms, social distancing signs, quarantining all donations for 72 hours, personal protective equipment for staff, shielded till areas, hand-sanitiser for customers and staff - and regular cleaning.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really looking forward to safely welcoming back our customers into our charity shops. Protecting both staff and customers is our first priority and we will all need to work together to help each other stay safe including respecting social distancing rules,” said the CEO.
For more information on TRAID visit https://www.traid.org.uk/
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney