Dalston clothes swapping night will raise money for Hackney graffiti mural
A clothes swapping evening next Wednesday organised by The Clothes Club will raise money for youngsters to create a graffiti mural.
People are invited to bring three items of their unwanted quality clothing to swap them for other people’s unwanted garments.
The £10 entrance fee will benefit the Bootstrap Company which is based at the Dalston Roof Park where the event will be held.
Local muralist Nazir Tanbouli is working with ten youngsters from Hackney, painting a five-floor high mural on the central staircase of building in Ashwin Street, to enable the children to feel inspired to take on creative projects of their own, and to teach them to work together as a team.
The inaugural event in April raised nearly £1,000 which went to the Hackney Pirates, where children are given one to one attention after school hours.
Emily De Groot is behind the initiative said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your wardrobe, without spending lots of money, whilst reducing the environmental effects of the fashion industry and raising money for good causes.
“Lets help put some conscience into our closets.”
- 1 'I'm in a bad mood': Man 'threw toolbox at woman's head at Overground station'
- 2 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Hackney dance class needs funding to provide free sessions for London Fields community
- 7 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 8 Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- 9 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 10 Hackney centre sees 300 per cent rise in testing since Omicron variant found in UK
The event takes place on Wednesday September 4 at the Dalston Roof Park in Ashwin Street
There will be a DJ until 11pm and first prize in the raffle is a bike worth £500.
Tickets are available from www.billetto.co.uk/theclothesclub.