Dalston clothes swapping night will raise money for Hackney graffiti mural
A clothes swapping evening next Wednesday organised by The Clothes Club will raise money for youngsters to create a graffiti mural.
People are invited to bring three items of their unwanted quality clothing to swap them for other people’s unwanted garments.
The £10 entrance fee will benefit the Bootstrap Company which is based at the Dalston Roof Park where the event will be held.
Local muralist Nazir Tanbouli is working with ten youngsters from Hackney, painting a five-floor high mural on the central staircase of building in Ashwin Street, to enable the children to feel inspired to take on creative projects of their own, and to teach them to work together as a team.
The inaugural event in April raised nearly £1,000 which went to the Hackney Pirates, where children are given one to one attention after school hours.
You may also want to watch:
Emily De Groot is behind the initiative said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your wardrobe, without spending lots of money, whilst reducing the environmental effects of the fashion industry and raising money for good causes.
“Lets help put some conscience into our closets.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
The event takes place on Wednesday September 4 at the Dalston Roof Park in Ashwin Street
There will be a DJ until 11pm and first prize in the raffle is a bike worth £500.
Tickets are available from www.billetto.co.uk/theclothesclub.