Dalston clothes swapping night will raise money for Hackney graffiti mural
A clothes swapping evening next Wednesday organised by The Clothes Club will raise money for youngsters to create a graffiti mural.
People are invited to bring three items of their unwanted quality clothing to swap them for other people’s unwanted garments.
The £10 entrance fee will benefit the Bootstrap Company which is based at the Dalston Roof Park where the event will be held.
Local muralist Nazir Tanbouli is working with ten youngsters from Hackney, painting a five-floor high mural on the central staircase of building in Ashwin Street, to enable the children to feel inspired to take on creative projects of their own, and to teach them to work together as a team.
The inaugural event in April raised nearly £1,000 which went to the Hackney Pirates, where children are given one to one attention after school hours.
You may also want to watch:
Emily De Groot is behind the initiative said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your wardrobe, without spending lots of money, whilst reducing the environmental effects of the fashion industry and raising money for good causes.
“Lets help put some conscience into our closets.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
The event takes place on Wednesday September 4 at the Dalston Roof Park in Ashwin Street
There will be a DJ until 11pm and first prize in the raffle is a bike worth £500.
Tickets are available from www.billetto.co.uk/theclothesclub.