Dalston car park death: Murder probe launched after fatal attack on man, 48, in Sandringham Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is under way following the death of a man who was attacked in a Dalston car park.
Mehmet De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am on Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
Mr De?erli’s car which was parked in Sandringham Road had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
DCI Rob Pack, who is leading the investigation, said: “At this stage we believe Mr Der?erli to have been the victim of a violent assault - and need to hear from people who can help us piece together exactly what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“It is likely there would have been cars and pedestrians about even at that time of night. The area is also overlooked by numerous houses and flats.
“Were you driving through and saw a fight? Do you live locally and heard or saw anything that you think is connected?
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
“Did you see anyone interfering with any vehicles in that area? Or anyone hanging around at that time either on foot or in a car?”
A 46-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
A post-mortem examination took place yesterday.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.