Dalston discussion about Beloved author Toni Morrison
The works of The Bluest Eye author Toni Morrison will be under the spotlight in a literary discussion next Tuesday.
Hackney-based author Cezanne Poetess will read excerpts from the American novelist’s works.
Morrison won the Pulitzer Prize in 1988 for her novel Beloved and the Nobel Prize in 1993.
The event is one of a series organised by arts organisation House of AMAU, and in six weeks time the work of CLR James will be under discussion.
The event takes place on September 10 from 6.30pm to 8pm at the CLR James Library in Dalston Square.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney