Dalston Mcdonald’s reopens to reopen for deliveries only
- Credit: PA
The Dalston McDonald’s in Kingsland High Street is one of fifteen restaurants reopening tomorrow (May 13) for take-away only.
The fast food chain closed all of its sites in March at the start of the coronavirus lockdown.
Customers will be able to order food via the Uber Eats app if they live within 1.5 miles of the branch but all delivery orders will have a £25 spend limit as restaurant teams adjust to new ways of working.
McDonald’s is asking customers to have patience when they order, and to not attempt unnecessary journeys to the restaurant which will be closed other than for deliveries.
it’s working with delivery service Uber Eats to ensure the safety and wellbeing of delivery drivers and McDonald’s employees. The business will be implementing Perspex screens, sanitising stations and new social distancing procedures in preparation for the easing of coronavirus lockdown measures.
You may also want to watch:
The company has said it will provide protective equipment for employees such as face masks and contactless thermometers will be used at the start of every shift to take employees temperatures ensuring they are fit to work.
The full list of McDonald’s restaurants opening for Delivery Only on the 13 May are:
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
Chelmsford Riverside, Chelmsford Westway, Ipswich Cardinal Park, Boreham Interchange, Luton Leagrave, Watford Hertfordshire Arms, Luton Chaul End Lane, Gillingham Beechings Way, Sittingbourne Retail Park, Gillingham Bowaters, Tooting, Dalston, Welling, Harrow, Luton George Street.
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations in Hackney providing support during the lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.