Dalston media project scoop interview with ex-presidential US candidate Herman Cain
A Dalston media project scooped what they believe is the first TV interview made by Herman Cain after he pulled out of the American presidential nomination race.
Revd George Hargreaves from Pentecostal church, the Hephzibah Christian Centre in Kingsland Road secured the interview with the Republican within days of his withdrawal, owing to unsubstantiated allegations regarding his sexual conduct.
“The day we landed Cain announced he was pulling out of the race because the heat had got too hot and it was affecting his family,” said Rev Hargreaves.
“Ours was, we believe, the first major interview he did after pulling out, and although I say so myself it was a good interview - he admitted some mistakes and I found it really powerful.”
The 40 minute interview was filmed in the USA by 19-year old unemployed Stoke Newington resident, Roselee Noel, who is an intern at the church’s television and media ‘Back to Work’ project.
The intern project gives work experience to unemployed young people in Hackney, who are seeking employment within the television and media industry.
“This was a trip of a lifetime,” said Roselee who lives in Howard Road.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
“Herman Cain was like a favourite Granddad. It is so sad that he is not in the race anymore. He would have made a great President.”
Work experience interns work each week on The Politics Programme which is presented live by Revd Hargreaves on Christian channel Revelation TV, Wednesday evenings at 9.00pm on Sky TV.
The interview will be aired on Revelation TV this Saturday evening (December 17) at 7:30pm.