Dalston restaurant blaze under investigation
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters spend nearly two hours bringing a blaze in Dalston family restaurant, Nancy’s Pantry, under control this morning.
Six fire engines and around 35 fire fighters and officers were sent to fight the fire in Nancy’s Pantry in Dalston Square just after 7.30am.
Twelve people were evacuated from the flats above the ground floor restaurant as a precaution.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Nancy’s Pantry opened in January, with a concept focusing on providing both quality food and stimulating children’s activities.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the restaurant tweeted: “Morning all. Sorry to report that we have had a fire this morning. We are assessing the damage & will update you soon. Many thanks. NP Team.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic