Dalston’s 40FT Brewery makes ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’
- Credit: Archant
Brewers in Hackney have been hard at work creating a bespoke beer from yeast swabbed from Roald Dahl’s writing chair to drink at a fabulously foul supper inspired by his much-loved children’s book The Twits.
40FT Brewery have collaborated with culinary specialists Bompas and Parr on ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’, which is brewed in a Polish ‘Grätzen’ style.
The light golden beer has a relatively high carbonation and is sometimes referred to as Polish Champagne.
Steve Ryan, from 40FT Brewery which is based in a shipping container in Dalston, it had been a privilege to work on the beer because they have been “lifelong fans of Roald Dahl”.
“Because it’s in honour of The Twits we knew we couldn’t just do some tasteless lager, so it will have a smoky vibe and tons of character,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The interactive theatrical dining experience Dinner at the Twits runs from September 4 until October 30 at The Vaults in Waterloo.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems