Dalston’s 40FT Brewery makes ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’
- Credit: Archant
Brewers in Hackney have been hard at work creating a bespoke beer from yeast swabbed from Roald Dahl’s writing chair to drink at a fabulously foul supper inspired by his much-loved children’s book The Twits.
40FT Brewery have collaborated with culinary specialists Bompas and Parr on ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’, which is brewed in a Polish ‘Grätzen’ style.
The light golden beer has a relatively high carbonation and is sometimes referred to as Polish Champagne.
Steve Ryan, from 40FT Brewery which is based in a shipping container in Dalston, it had been a privilege to work on the beer because they have been “lifelong fans of Roald Dahl”.
“Because it’s in honour of The Twits we knew we couldn’t just do some tasteless lager, so it will have a smoky vibe and tons of character,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The interactive theatrical dining experience Dinner at the Twits runs from September 4 until October 30 at The Vaults in Waterloo.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition