Dalston’s 40FT Brewery makes ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’
- Credit: Archant
Brewers in Hackney have been hard at work creating a bespoke beer from yeast swabbed from Roald Dahl’s writing chair to drink at a fabulously foul supper inspired by his much-loved children’s book The Twits.
40FT Brewery have collaborated with culinary specialists Bompas and Parr on ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’, which is brewed in a Polish ‘Grätzen’ style.
The light golden beer has a relatively high carbonation and is sometimes referred to as Polish Champagne.
Steve Ryan, from 40FT Brewery which is based in a shipping container in Dalston, it had been a privilege to work on the beer because they have been “lifelong fans of Roald Dahl”.
“Because it’s in honour of The Twits we knew we couldn’t just do some tasteless lager, so it will have a smoky vibe and tons of character,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The interactive theatrical dining experience Dinner at the Twits runs from September 4 until October 30 at The Vaults in Waterloo.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 8 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways