Dalston’s 40FT Brewery makes ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’
- Credit: Archant
Brewers in Hackney have been hard at work creating a bespoke beer from yeast swabbed from Roald Dahl’s writing chair to drink at a fabulously foul supper inspired by his much-loved children’s book The Twits.
40FT Brewery have collaborated with culinary specialists Bompas and Parr on ‘Mr Twit’s Odious Ale’, which is brewed in a Polish ‘Grätzen’ style.
The light golden beer has a relatively high carbonation and is sometimes referred to as Polish Champagne.
Steve Ryan, from 40FT Brewery which is based in a shipping container in Dalston, it had been a privilege to work on the beer because they have been “lifelong fans of Roald Dahl”.
“Because it’s in honour of The Twits we knew we couldn’t just do some tasteless lager, so it will have a smoky vibe and tons of character,” he said.
The interactive theatrical dining experience Dinner at the Twits runs from September 4 until October 30 at The Vaults in Waterloo.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney