Dalston pub looking to raise £10K to survive the coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
A Dalston pub is looking to fundraise £10,000 to weather the coronavirus storm.
Independent music venue and pub The Haggerston on Kingsland Road has started the appeal to initially cover its overheads during the pandemic, but also to keep the entire team furloughed as costs rise.
The cash will also go towards adapting the site to allow for social distancing, such as buying new furniture and protective screens.
After pubs were allowed to reopen on July 4, The Haggerston welcomed patrons back for only a few days before it “became apparent” that operating within the social-distancing rules was “not a sustainable way for the business to run”.
The fundraising page says: “It is not possible for us to run at a loss for even a short period of time and so unfortunately we have no choice but to close our doors again.”
You may also want to watch:
It is offering a range of perks in exchange for donations, such as a free pint for the first 100 givers to a function room booking for those offering over £250.
Donate at www.gofundme.com/f/the-haggerston-needs-your-helpREAD MORE: 10 great beer gardens in HackneyREAD MORE: Hackney pubs and restaurants reopen offering a new socially distanced way of socialising
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home