Dalston shooting victim named by police
- Credit: Met Police
Police have named the man who died after a shooting in Dalston.
Officers attended Gillett Square just before 1am on Saturday (May 8) after reports of shots being fired and found Patrick Anzy, 31, who was seriously injured.
He died at the scene and Det Insp Andy McDonald said he is keen to speak with anyone who was in the Gillett Square area and may have witnessed what happened.
"Patrick was attacked in Boleyn Road, Dalston, in the early hours of Saturday, May 8 and, at the time, I believe there may have been a number of people around who may have seen or heard something.
"Any information, no matter how small, could prove to be crucial to this investigation and help secure some justice for Patrick's family."
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting reference CAD 412/08May.
You may also want to watch:
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 8 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 9 Hackney student's urine project could see her crowned UK Young Scientist of the Year
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets