Dalston shooting victim named by police
- Credit: Met Police
Police have named the man who died after a shooting in Dalston.
Officers attended Gillett Square just before 1am on Saturday (May 8) after reports of shots being fired and found Patrick Anzy, 31, who was seriously injured.
He died at the scene and Det Insp Andy McDonald said he is keen to speak with anyone who was in the Gillett Square area and may have witnessed what happened.
"Patrick was attacked in Boleyn Road, Dalston, in the early hours of Saturday, May 8 and, at the time, I believe there may have been a number of people around who may have seen or heard something.
"Any information, no matter how small, could prove to be crucial to this investigation and help secure some justice for Patrick's family."
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting reference CAD 412/08May.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant
- 10 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack