Dalston student triumphs in nationwide games competition
- Credit: Woods Family
A Dalston student’s space soldier animation just earned him an award in a nationwide ‘Search for a Star’ competition.
Student Chris Woods from the School of Audio Engineering (SAE) in Haggerston has been chosen as a finalist in the Games Animation category of the Grads in Games Awards.
The awards are part of an Aardvark Swift initiative which recognises people, studios and institutions working to improve the links between the games industry and education.
Chris said: “It feels pretty amazing to get to the final, it’s nice to have my work recognised and it’s also a really exciting opportunity to help find a job after I graduate.
“Grads in Games do a really great job running the competition with lots of support, and if any first or second years are thinking about taking part next year then I really recommend getting involved.
You may also want to watch:
Chris took part in the student section of the awards and showcased a space soldier enacting various poses.
“It can be tricky to squeeze it in between university work, but set aside a week or two and it’s definitely worth the effort.”
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 4 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 5 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 6 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
The final stage of the initiative see Chris interviewed by industry professionals.
To find out more about The Grads in Games Awards visit https://gradsingames.com/awards/
To find out more about Chris’ animation click here.