Dalston tipped to defy falling house prices
Dalston will buck the sliding house price trend this year, a homefinding service has predicted.
The County Homesearch Company believes house prices are set to stagnate or fall across the UK this year, as lending restrictions and economic uncertainty create a depressed market.
However all is not lost, they say, as unique pockets of the country could buck the trend because of their unique circumstances – including Dalston, which they tip as a shrewd investment area.
They believe the brand new East London Line will help it weather the storm.
County Homesearch chairman Jonathan Haward, said: “Urban redevelopment is making Dalston an increasingly popular place to live.
You may also want to watch:
“Consequently Dalston offers great opportunities for property investors or workers wanting a ‘City crash pad’ to buy, and its house prices are not likely to decrease.”
Other hotspots named by County Homesearch include Anglesey in North Wales, Dunbar in East Lothian, Margate in Kent, Northallerton in North Yorkshire and St Columb Major in Cornwall.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
In other popular areas like Exeter in Devon, East Hampshire and The Cotswalds, the company predicts prices will be buoyed by continuing demand.
Unlike estate agents, which act in the best interests of the vendor, County Homesearch provides a homefinding services which is entirely independent and represent only the interests of property buyers or tenants.