Rose leaves Tottenham to join Newcastle on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Danny Rose has left Tottenham Hotspur to join Newcastle United on loan until the end of the season.
The left-back has been with the club since 2007 and made his debut in a League Cup tie against Doncaster Rovers in 2009.
He has gone on to make 214 appearances for Spurs, scoring 10 times, including a memorable strike on his Premier League debut against Arsenal in 2010.
Rose told NUFC TV: "It's a great honour for me to be here. I'm so grateful that the manager has brought me in and I'm looking to repay him in every way I can as soon as I'm playing.
"For me, it's really exciting that I can come here and have the chance to play in front of the Newcastle fans.
You may also want to watch:
"Newcastle is one of the biggest clubs in England. I spoke to the manager last night and he told me there were 50,000 fans here at the weekend against Oxford.
"You can't go wrong with that kind of passion and support from the fans, and it's something I'm looking forward to."
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London