Danny Rose to spend ‘brief period’ with Tottenham Hotspur squad in America
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
England left-back has not played for the club since January, but appears to be making good progress
Left-back Danny Rose is set to meet up with the Tottenham Hotspur squad during their time in America this month.
The Spurs players and staff arrived in the USA on Wednesday evening touching down in Orlando.
Erik Lamela (hip), Rose (knee), Moussa Sissoko (virus) and Heung-min Son (arm) were not part of the travelling party.
But the club have confirmed England international Rose will link up with the rest of his team-mates in the USA, although only for a ‘brief period’ as he continues his rehabilitation.
The left-back has not played for Tottenham since January 31 when he was forced off during a goalless draw at Sunderland.
After struggling with a knee injury during the second half of the campaign, Rose had surgery on his knee in May and seems to be making good progress.
The former Sheffield United full-back was always likely to miss the season opener at Newcastle United, but may be back sooner than expected.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 7 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 8 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
Mauricio Pochettino will hope Rose can continue his progress and will want to see Son and Lamela back to full fitness as soon as possible too.
Sissoko’s virus has resulted in the winger remaining in England, although that has only heighten rumours he is set to leave.
With the France international back in Enfield, it provides another opportunity for Josh Onomah to force his way into Pochettino’s plans.
After a successful time with England at the under-20 World Cup, the midfielder will be keen to get more game time this season.
Kyle Walker-Peters will be looking forward to the trip as well and can expect to get minutes over the next week.
Pochettino has also included several academy players in his touring group and they will aim to catch the eye.
Young goalkeepers Brandon Austin and Alfie Whiteman will look to impress along with centre back Jon Dinzeyi.
Jaden Brown (left-back), Tashan Oakley-Boothe (centre midfield), Will Miller and Anthony Georgiou (both wingers) will also be keen to enjoy the trip to America.
Tottenham Hotspur squad: Toby Alderweireld, Dele Alli, Brandon Austin, Jaden Brown, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Ben Davies, Mousa Dembele, Eric Dier, Jon Dinzeyi, Christian Eriksen, Anthony Georgiou, Vincent Janssen, Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris, Will Miller, Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, Tashan Oakley-Boothe, Josh Onomah, Kieran Trippier, Jan Vertonghen, Michel Vorm, Kyle Walker-Peters, Victor Wanyama, Alfie Whiteman, Kevin Wimmer, Harry Winks.