David Miliband speaks at Hackney Labour fundraiser
The former foreign secretary and Labour leadership candidate David Miliband was the star speaker at a fundraising dinner in Hackney last night (Monday).
Mr Miliband joined Meg Hillier, MP for Hackney South and Shoreditch, at the annual event raising cash for the Constituency Labour Party.
More than one hundred people packed into Huong Viet restaurant in Englefield Road, De Beauvoir, to hear Mr Miliband speak.
“He gave a great talk about the future of the Labour movement and how we need to work hard to get back into power,” Ms Hillier told the Gazette.
“It was a really good fun evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised on the night went towards the cost of Labour Party campaigns such as printing leaflets.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan