David Miliband speaks at Hackney Labour fundraiser
The former foreign secretary and Labour leadership candidate David Miliband was the star speaker at a fundraising dinner in Hackney last night (Monday).
Mr Miliband joined Meg Hillier, MP for Hackney South and Shoreditch, at the annual event raising cash for the Constituency Labour Party.
More than one hundred people packed into Huong Viet restaurant in Englefield Road, De Beauvoir, to hear Mr Miliband speak.
“He gave a great talk about the future of the Labour movement and how we need to work hard to get back into power,” Ms Hillier told the Gazette.
“It was a really good fun evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised on the night went towards the cost of Labour Party campaigns such as printing leaflets.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London