David Miliband speaks at Hackney Labour fundraiser
The former foreign secretary and Labour leadership candidate David Miliband was the star speaker at a fundraising dinner in Hackney last night (Monday).
Mr Miliband joined Meg Hillier, MP for Hackney South and Shoreditch, at the annual event raising cash for the Constituency Labour Party.
More than one hundred people packed into Huong Viet restaurant in Englefield Road, De Beauvoir, to hear Mr Miliband speak.
“He gave a great talk about the future of the Labour movement and how we need to work hard to get back into power,” Ms Hillier told the Gazette.
“It was a really good fun evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised on the night went towards the cost of Labour Party campaigns such as printing leaflets.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild