Mount Pleasant Lane stabbing: Dawid Wycik, 22, of Poland, charged with murder
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A man has been charged with murder, after a Polish man in his 60s was stabbed to death in Upper Clapton.
Police were called to a Victorian house in Mount Pleasant Lane at 11.30pm on Friday night following reports of a disturbance.
The victim was found inside with stab injuries, and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was declared dead a short time later.
On Saturday police were still unsure of his identity, but Scotland Yard now believes they know who he is, and are waiting for him to be formally identified by his next of kin.
Dawid Wycik, 22, a Polish national of no fixed abode, was arrested at the scene and has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today.
"The two men are believed to have been known to each other, but not related," said a police spokesperson.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.