Mount Pleasant Lane stabbing: Dawid Wycik, 22, of Poland, charged with murder
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A man has been charged with murder, after a Polish man in his 60s was stabbed to death in Upper Clapton.
Police were called to a Victorian house in Mount Pleasant Lane at 11.30pm on Friday night following reports of a disturbance.
The victim was found inside with stab injuries, and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was declared dead a short time later.
On Saturday police were still unsure of his identity, but Scotland Yard now believes they know who he is, and are waiting for him to be formally identified by his next of kin.
Dawid Wycik, 22, a Polish national of no fixed abode, was arrested at the scene and has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today.
"The two men are believed to have been known to each other, but not related," said a police spokesperson.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.