Mount Pleasant Lane stabbing: Dawid Wycik, 22, of Poland, charged with murder
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A man has been charged with murder, after a Polish man in his 60s was stabbed to death in Upper Clapton.
Police were called to a Victorian house in Mount Pleasant Lane at 11.30pm on Friday night following reports of a disturbance.
The victim was found inside with stab injuries, and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was declared dead a short time later.
On Saturday police were still unsure of his identity, but Scotland Yard now believes they know who he is, and are waiting for him to be formally identified by his next of kin.
Dawid Wycik, 22, a Polish national of no fixed abode, was arrested at the scene and has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today.
"The two men are believed to have been known to each other, but not related," said a police spokesperson.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.