Day dedicated to Hackney’s old folk
Event offering massage sessions and drama workshops for those aged 50+
Hackney’s old folk are invited to a day dedicated to them on Monday.
The event celebrates ten years of the Older People’s Reference Group - a forum set up to consult older people about services, which is funded by City and Hackney Primary Care Trust.
Hundreds of Hackney residents aged 50+ are anticipated to attend dozens of different workshops including drama, complementary therapies and Nordic walking, and then enjoy a free lunch.
There will also be performances from Kingsmead Primary School’s children’s steel band and Jewish folk music band, London Klezmer Quartet.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Monday October 25 from 10am to 3.30 pm at the Petchey Academy in Shacklewell Lane.
To register in advance or request help with transport, call 020 7241 5906.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London