Day dedicated to Hackney’s old folk
Event offering massage sessions and drama workshops for those aged 50+
Hackney’s old folk are invited to a day dedicated to them on Monday.
The event celebrates ten years of the Older People’s Reference Group - a forum set up to consult older people about services, which is funded by City and Hackney Primary Care Trust.
Hundreds of Hackney residents aged 50+ are anticipated to attend dozens of different workshops including drama, complementary therapies and Nordic walking, and then enjoy a free lunch.
There will also be performances from Kingsmead Primary School’s children’s steel band and Jewish folk music band, London Klezmer Quartet.
The event takes place on Monday October 25 from 10am to 3.30 pm at the Petchey Academy in Shacklewell Lane.
To register in advance or request help with transport, call 020 7241 5906.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 7 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney