Day dedicated to Hackney’s old folk
Event offering massage sessions and drama workshops for those aged 50+
Hackney’s old folk are invited to a day dedicated to them on Monday.
The event celebrates ten years of the Older People’s Reference Group - a forum set up to consult older people about services, which is funded by City and Hackney Primary Care Trust.
Hundreds of Hackney residents aged 50+ are anticipated to attend dozens of different workshops including drama, complementary therapies and Nordic walking, and then enjoy a free lunch.
There will also be performances from Kingsmead Primary School’s children’s steel band and Jewish folk music band, London Klezmer Quartet.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Monday October 25 from 10am to 3.30 pm at the Petchey Academy in Shacklewell Lane.
To register in advance or request help with transport, call 020 7241 5906.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse