De Beauvoir gardeners show their best spuds
Old fashioned gardening show in De Beauvoir
Green-fingered gardeners are invited to enter their best turnips and spuds of the season into the good old-fashioned De Beauvoir Flower and Produce Show this Sunday.
And for those with a bit less luck in the garden, a Master Gardeners team will be on hand to help with gardening problems and offer advice on growing veg.
A ‘Garden Design Doctor’ will also offer advice on making the best of your own space.
A dog show will give prizes to the dog with the waggiest tail, the dog with the shiniest nose, and the dog with the best trick.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a tombola, raffle, children’s games, tea and cakes and an auction.
The Flower and Produce Show takes place outside St Peter’s Church in De Beauvoir Road on Sunday September 12.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
Produce entries can be made from noon to 1pm and the show is from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.