De Beauvoir gardeners show their best spuds
Old fashioned gardening show in De Beauvoir
Green-fingered gardeners are invited to enter their best turnips and spuds of the season into the good old-fashioned De Beauvoir Flower and Produce Show this Sunday.
And for those with a bit less luck in the garden, a Master Gardeners team will be on hand to help with gardening problems and offer advice on growing veg.
A ‘Garden Design Doctor’ will also offer advice on making the best of your own space.
A dog show will give prizes to the dog with the waggiest tail, the dog with the shiniest nose, and the dog with the best trick.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a tombola, raffle, children’s games, tea and cakes and an auction.
The Flower and Produce Show takes place outside St Peter’s Church in De Beauvoir Road on Sunday September 12.
- 1 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 2 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 6 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Hackney people called on to help 'stamp out' violence against women and girls
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
Produce entries can be made from noon to 1pm and the show is from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.