De Beauvoir gardeners show their best spuds
Old fashioned gardening show in De Beauvoir
Green-fingered gardeners are invited to enter their best turnips and spuds of the season into the good old-fashioned De Beauvoir Flower and Produce Show this Sunday.
And for those with a bit less luck in the garden, a Master Gardeners team will be on hand to help with gardening problems and offer advice on growing veg.
A ‘Garden Design Doctor’ will also offer advice on making the best of your own space.
A dog show will give prizes to the dog with the waggiest tail, the dog with the shiniest nose, and the dog with the best trick.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a tombola, raffle, children’s games, tea and cakes and an auction.
The Flower and Produce Show takes place outside St Peter’s Church in De Beauvoir Road on Sunday September 12.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Produce entries can be made from noon to 1pm and the show is from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.