De Beauvoiur community gets together for The Crib’s Christmas Party
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters on the De Beauvoir estate visited Santa’s grotto this week at a Christmas party hosted by the aptly-named Crib youth club.
Founder Janette Collins performed the honour of playing the main man – and said the event was a great show of community spirit, with more than 100 people attending.
“People came from all over,” she said. “It was a real community event. I’m going to do it again next year. I think more people should be celebrating together like this rather than separately.
“I’ll tell you what though, those people who play Santa every year, I take my hat off to them. My back and legs feel a bit flat!”
Most children asked Saint Nick for an iPhone – though one did buy into the spirit of Christmas and ask for a baby brother.
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by the Mill Co Project at the Rose Lipman Centre, the De Beauvoir Estate TRA, the De Beauvoir Association and the Cranston TMO. Presents were supplied by Elba.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens