De Beauvoiur community gets together for The Crib’s Christmas Party
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters on the De Beauvoir estate visited Santa’s grotto this week at a Christmas party hosted by the aptly-named Crib youth club.
Founder Janette Collins performed the honour of playing the main man – and said the event was a great show of community spirit, with more than 100 people attending.
“People came from all over,” she said. “It was a real community event. I’m going to do it again next year. I think more people should be celebrating together like this rather than separately.
“I’ll tell you what though, those people who play Santa every year, I take my hat off to them. My back and legs feel a bit flat!”
Most children asked Saint Nick for an iPhone – though one did buy into the spirit of Christmas and ask for a baby brother.
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by the Mill Co Project at the Rose Lipman Centre, the De Beauvoir Estate TRA, the De Beauvoir Association and the Cranston TMO. Presents were supplied by Elba.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared