De Beauvoiur community gets together for The Crib’s Christmas Party
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters on the De Beauvoir estate visited Santa’s grotto this week at a Christmas party hosted by the aptly-named Crib youth club.
Founder Janette Collins performed the honour of playing the main man – and said the event was a great show of community spirit, with more than 100 people attending.
“People came from all over,” she said. “It was a real community event. I’m going to do it again next year. I think more people should be celebrating together like this rather than separately.
“I’ll tell you what though, those people who play Santa every year, I take my hat off to them. My back and legs feel a bit flat!”
Most children asked Saint Nick for an iPhone – though one did buy into the spirit of Christmas and ask for a baby brother.
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by the Mill Co Project at the Rose Lipman Centre, the De Beauvoir Estate TRA, the De Beauvoir Association and the Cranston TMO. Presents were supplied by Elba.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney